The 2017 Subaru Forester is coming to North America, with some changes to the grille, headlights, and bumper. This new SUV is uncommon to the ones currently on the market, with a more refined ride that is perfect for both all-road/all-weather rides and the city drives on paved roads. The Subaru symmetrical full-time AWD creates responsive handling, remarkable stability and a distinct feeling of being in control.
This SUV delivers to customers what is expected of a compact SUV along with a sportier and more progressive look. The 2017 Subaru Forester provides you with a new driving experience and has many features that will entice you to go out to your local Subaru dealer once it’s released.
Sharper handling and superior efficiency
The Forester, already renowned for its extraordinary performance, has made further improvements by adopting a revised steering angle to enhance steering response time and handling. The low-profile SUBARU BOXER engines deliver smooth, continuous power to all four wheels, enabling the Forester to corner flatter which is a very uncommon trait for the typical SUV.
With lightweight engineering, optimized aerodynamics and advanced thinking the Forester has been designed to maximize fuel efficiency without sacrificing performance. The available Lineartronic CVT has been fine-tuned to boost efficiency of 2.5i models and when equipped helps the Forester deliver the best-in-class fuel economy among full-time AWD vehicles and are equal to many two-wheel drive compact SUVs.
Versatile and class-leading safety
The Forester’s AWD system is even more complete with the X-MODE that is available only on models equipped with CVT. This system takes control of the engine, transmission, AWD system, brakes and other critical components to navigate the roughest roads with the touch of a button. Take on tough driving conditions head on with this great system.
Class-leading safety standards are reinforced with the extensive use of high-tensile strength steel, a full suite of seven airbags and the overall focus on preventative safety. Advanced features such as Steering Responsive Headlights and Fog Lights for greater visibility, Vehicle Dynamics Control, and Active Torque Vectoring for better control in unexpected situations are just a few highlights of the safety measures the Forester provides.
Head on over to the Subaru Canada website to check out more of the 2017 Subaru Forester, and we’ll be sure to let you know when they arrive at Subaru of Niagara!
Notable features for 2.5i and 2.0XT:
- Narually aspirated 2.5L 4-cylinder SUBARU BOXER engine
- Subaru symmetrical full-time AWD + X-MODE + Hill Descent Control
- 6-speed manual transmission or Lineartronic CVT + manual mode + paddle shifters
- 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels & Bluetooth® connectivity
- Direct-injected, twin-scroll turbocharged 2.0L 4-cylinder SUBARU BOXER engine + SI-DRIVE
- Subaru symmetrical full-time All-Wheel Drive (AWD) + X-MODE +Hill Descent Control
- Lineartronic® CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) + manual mode + paddle shifters
- EyeSight® Advanced Driver Assist System
- Infotainment system: Audio/nav with XM® NAVTraffic (subscription required) + Harman Kardon® speakers + Bluetooth®