The newest model of the Subaru Forester just got a lot more high-tech with the introduction of facial recognition technology in the vehicle. The facial recognition is part of the DriverFocus feature that comes standard on all 2019 Subaru Forester Touring packages.
DriverFocus is part of Subaru’s EyeSight Driver Assist Technology packages to prevent collision and keep drivers and passengers safe in all driving conditions. The DriverFocus technology focuses not on the outside of the car – but inside, at the driver.
What does DriverFocus do?
As a safety feature, DriverFocus is used to ensure that the driver is not distracted or fatigued (or even asleep). If you do appear sleepy or distracted, the Forester will recapture your attention. When the sensors do not detect eyes on the road for more than 3 seconds it will beep. If the car beeps multiple times without detecting the driver’s eyes returning to the road, the Forester will begin to slow to a complete stop.
DriverFocus also uses facial recognition for driver comfort. With DriverFocus you can “introduce” your Forester to up to 5 people, and during this introduction, you can pre-set specific preferences. This is ideal for a shared vehicle if drivers prefer climate controls set at opposite temperatures, or have height differences requiring seat and mirror adjustments.
When you start the vehicle, the 2019 Subaru Forester will greet you with a personalized greeting, and adjust the climate controls, seat heights and positions, radio, and outside mirrors to your personalized preferences.
The 2019 Subaru Forester Touring
The Forester Touring package includes all standard features in the Forester, Forester Premium, and Forester Limited packages, with the addition of the DriverFocus coming as standard. The Touring tier also includes:
- LED fog lights
- Unique Touring 18-inch aluminium-alloy wheels in black with machine finish
- Roof rails with silver accents and integrated tie-downs
- Front, rear and side underguards with silver finish
- Satin silver side mirrors with integrated turn signals and automatic reverse tilt
- Chrome door handles
- Available Saddle Brown Leather upholstery
- 2-position driver’s seat memory
- 8-way power-adjustable front passenger’s seat
- Heated steering wheel and rear seats
- SUBARU STARLINK 8.0-inch Multimedia Navigation with 3 years of map updates, and SiriusXM All Access Radio, Traffic and Travel Link
- Harman Kardon 576-watt-equivalent premium audio system with 9 speakers
- Driver Monitoring System (DMS)
- Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB)
- One-touch folding rear seatbacks
For more information on the 2019 Subaru Forester, and details on when it will be hitting the Subaru of Niagara lot, visit our location at 375 Lake St. in St. Catharines and meet with a member of our sales team.